Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Needing Doha

Legendary! That was a long time to wait for it :)

I have just landed here in Doha. It is 31 degrees and very humid. Not from where I'm sitting though.
I thought that the best way to spend my 6 hour stop-over was to check into one of the airport lounges here.
It took me a while to decide if it was worth it. I'd asked the concierge what the lounge includes.
He said there's showers, free food and drink, relaxing chairs and free wifi. I told him "Stop...You had me at showers".

The flight here went pretty quick. The passenger I sat next to was easy enough to get along with and the food was actually pretty tasty. I found it funny that for a 10:55pm flight that they served a meal at 2 am and shut off the lights about 3. I guess that was to get us acustomed to Doha time.
I had popped a sleeping pill, which unfortunatley didn't do much good as I didn't get much sleep in the end :(

I'm hoping the showers here will have me feeling fresh for the next leg of my journey...

Only 12 hours till I hit sunny England!

No comments:

Post a Comment